Suburban Surgical Associates/Suburban Metabolic Institute is a general surgeon team serving La Grange, Elmhurst and Berwyn, IL, with many treatments. For example, they can help provide a robotic colon resection that can treat various conditions. Understanding how it can help you, including its many benefits, will make it easier to decide on this therapeutic option.
Problems This Therapy Can Manage
A general surgeon in La Grange, Elmhurst and Berwyn, IL, can provide a robotic colon resection to help correct many types of digestion-related problems. It includes minimally invasive robotic arms that carefully restructure and improve your colon to help manage problems like:
- Diverticular Disease: Restructuring your colon may help to clear the small pouches that may develop in your colon and cause this painful condition.
- Intestinal Blockage: If you experience severe intestinal blockage caused by scar tissue and other problems, restructuring may help you.
- Colon Cancer: Colon cancer typically begins as benign polyps that develop into tumors over time, and restructuring can help remove them and prevent this problem.
- Crohn's Disease: Crohn's causes severe inflammation throughout the colon, but restructuring may help minimize this problem's symptoms and avoid serious bleeding.
- Ulcerative Colitis: Colitis or inflammatory bowel disease can cause inflammation in the colon that medication and restructuring can help reduce.
If you have any of these symptoms and want to manage them effectively, consider robotic colon restructuring with a skilled professional surgical team near you.
Benefits Of This Treatment
Robotic colon resection surgery is a strong treatment option for many reasons. Understanding why you might want this therapy is important if you're considering it over others. When you get this surgery, you receive:
- Much less blood loss thanks to the more focused surgical method
- Lower pain levels due to small incisions and less cutting
- Decreased scar tissue and scarring throughout the surgical area
- A quicker hospital stay that lets you get back to life
- The faster recovery rate that minimizes your personal downtime
- Diverse therapy options that can help you recover from colon issues
Talk with your surgeon about this option before considering it. They can discuss some of its most common side effects, including soreness and pain in the stomach. Most of these effects are quite minor and pass with time, though you may get a prescribed painkiller to help with some.
Taking Care of Your Body
Suburban Surgical Associates/Suburban Metabolic Institute can provide a robotic colon resection with a general surgeon serving La Grange, Elmhurst and Berwyn, IL. Contact us today to set up your appointment by calling our Berwyn office at (708) 484-0621 or Elmhurst at (708) 484-0621. Our team will help you understand this procedure and ensure that you feel comfortable with it.